Friday 2 November 2012

DISSERTATION - Tutorial 2

I managed to create a structure for my dissertation before this tutorial and email it to Richard as requested, however, I didn't get round to actually writing anything or drafting up the first chapter as suggested. This wasn't too much of a problem it turned out as we got to talk about some ideas that I had developed from my research visit to NIKETOWN in London over dissertation week and we also refined the structure of my dissertation.

Here are the notes I took from the tutorial.


  • change from 4 chapters to 3 chapters
  • consumerism branding
  • start chapter 1
  • ask support how to structure that chapter
    • introduction
    • main body
      • 4 or more theories of branding in consumer culture
    • conclusion
      • relates back to title
  • Can use a variety of examples (don't go mad)
  • famous brands - Pes soap
  • brands associating itself with something else
  • expand on methodologies
Richards notes and feedback.

  • amended dissertation to focus on three chapter structure.
    • 1 - brand theory and consumer culture
    • 2 - NIKE and cool branding
    • 3 - case studies
  • Chapter 1 (2000 words) - use a variety of examples
    • intro
    • main body
      • 4 or more theories
    • conclusion
      • relate back to title
      • link to next chapter
  • By next tutorial - start chapter one

So basically this was a good tutorial and I don't feel as behind on the work as I did beforehand and I just need to draft my first chapter for the next tutorial and we can go from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment